Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa of Ondo State has nominated Olayide Adelami as his deputy governor.
The Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ebenezer Adeniyan, in a statement on Wednesday announced that the nomination for the position of the new deputy governor has been submitted to the state House of Assembly for approval.
Chief Adelami who hails from Owo, Owo local government area, retired as Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly in April 2018.
Adelami was an APC governorship aspirant in 2020 but stepped down for the late Akeredolu.
Here are 8 things to know about Chief Olayide Adelami
- Chief Adelami was born over sixty years ago to the family of Oluka Oribokun by Pa and Mrs Amos Adelami.
- He hails from Owo, Owo local government area.
- Chief Adelami graduated from the prestigious Imade College in Owo before proceeding to The Polytechnic, Ibadan for his GCE A level
- He later went to the University of Lagos for his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He further got an MBA degree from Ogun State University.
- In 1996, he was invited to help in setting up the Accounts Department of the Petroleum Special Trust Fund.
- In 2014, he was promoted to the position of Secretary (Permanent Secretary) at the Directorate of Procurement, Estate and Works. A position he held until he was appointed as the Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly.
- Adelami retired as Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly l in April 2018.
- Adelami was an APC governorship aspirant in 2020 but stepped down for the late Akeredolu.